Slab Leaks can be costly. When a pipe breaks under your slab, RYCO Plumbing can locate, isolate and repair the leak with minimum disruption to your home.
Slab Leak Detection Experts
Symptoms Of A Slab Leak
- When the water is not running but it sounds like it is could indicate a slab leak.
- A hot spot or area on your floor could be a sign of a hot water line leak in your slab.
- Cracks in your walls and/or floors could indicate damage from a slab leak.
- Mildew or excessive moisture under your carpets could be a sign that your slab is cracked which causes the pipes inside to leak water.
- An increase in your water bill could also indicate a slab leak. In many cases a high water bill could be nothing more than a water leak behind a wall, or in your pool. However, plumbing under the slab is also suspect, and a serious problem that shouldn't be ignored.
So how much water might you be losing?
A meter test is an easy way to learn whether or not your plumbing system has a leak. Hearing your water running when it shouldn't be will also cause you to have a high water bill.
Finding your slab leak
It is HIGHLY recommended that neither you nor anyone else to break into a slab or pool deck without positive confirmation of a leak location. Don’t let anyone destroy your property just to search for leaks! Finding a slab leak requires a thorough process with technical expertise and experience. Also, the cost of the destruction and repair isn't worth finding and fixing the leak. RYCO has you covered.
Locating leaks without destruction requires the use of modern tools such as electronic amplification equipment, and thermal leak locators. With proper equipment, leaks can be found and repaired with minimal damage to your property. In many cases, only a single floor tile needs to be removed and replaced. Nothing more!
RYCO Plumbing technicians use non-invasive leak detection equipment to accurately locate the leak to save time, money and avoid unnecessary property damage. Again, we've got you covered.
Slab leak repair options
Once the leak has been located under the slab our leak specialist will provide you with repair options.
Slab leak repair options might include:
- Spot repair: we'll open up the slab at the spot of the leak and repair the leaking pipe. This option is cost effective. Especially for newer construction.
- Repipe or Reroute: we can replace the entire line that was leaking. This option is the most effective for older plumbing systems that have a history of leaking.
- In-place pipe coating: in some cases the plumbing system has a series of small leaks that would be too expensive and/or too inconvenient to dig up the slab. In-place epoxy pipe coating could be your best option.